There is a lot today that we throw away as we can't find use for it, but could have been an excellent "something else". Here's just a few ideas what you could do with everyday items or examples of what I did.

torsdag 15 december 2011

Job Offer

Poking around in trash can be a successful career.

There is a small shop where I live, that sells decorations, useful thingies, jewellery and such, all handmade, and they have been in search for a new business partner, who could make some of those, so they'd have more to sell, cause apparently people want that kind of stuff, at least here.

Well, I went in there yesterday, and asked if I am too young or inexperienced to work with them, and they laughed and asked me to show something I had made, so I pointed first to my earrings, two dark red pearls hanging in each ear, and then to my bag with flowers, the one I recently completed after working my ass off with.

They liked it.

But then I wasn't sure I was going to have the time to do as much as they needed, and I really don't like doing the same thing over and over, even if I change it a bit. So I think I'll just keep making stuff only when I want to. So I won't get tired of it.

In the end, I think, trash design should always be trash design. It's not trash unless you didn't have use for it at some point, and if you get materials to work with, then it's not trash.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar